How do I format a cell in Excel to show a dash instead of 0.00?

Old August 12th 09, 03:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Reb3boys

Default How do I format a cell in Excel to show a dash instead of 0.00?

In Excel, I have two cells that are both formatted as accounting, decimal 2
and symbol none.
One cell returns a dash -, the other 0.00.
I want both cells to return a -.
I have tried to paint the formatting but it still doesn't work.
Thanks
Old August 12th 09, 03:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

The 0.00 one is not exactly zero. Format temporarily as General and you'll
see there are some digits beyond the two decimals.
Use ROUND() to round to zero

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Old August 12th 09, 03:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

<Use ROUND() to round to zero>

I meant to two decimals

--