how do i change the words from lower case to uppercase/capitals

Old July 17th 09, 09:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dm

Default how do i change the words from lower case to uppercase/capitals

I'd like to know the short cut keys to change the words I type from small
letters/lowercase to capital letters/uppercase.
Old July 17th 09, 09:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria

Use the below formulas

A1 = "text"

'convert to upper case
B1 = UPPER(A1)

'convert to lower case
B1 = LOWER(A1)

'convert to proper case
B1 = PROPER(A1)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

Old July 17th 09, 09:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria

Default how do i change the words from lower case to uppercase/capital

Another way is to use VBA. Right click the sheet tab>View Code and paste the
below code...Get back to workbook and try in that sheet..What ever you type
in will turn to upper case...

Target = UCase(Target)
End Sub

PS: If you dont find this working set the Security level to low/medium in
(Tools|Macro|Security). and retry after restarting the application.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

Old July 17th 09, 09:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H

Hi,

To do it as you type and to prevent any formula you type being converted to
values try this

If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula)
End Sub