How do I calculate standard error in excel?

Old July 13th 09, 05:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kyle

Default How do I calculate standard error in excel?

How do I calculate standard error in excel?
Old July 13th 09, 05:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joeu2004

"Kyle" > wrote:
> How do I calculate standard error in excel?

=STDEV(range) / SQRT(COUNT(range))

Note that in Excel, STDEV is the sample std dev (variance computed using
n-1), not the population std dev (STDEVP; variance computed using n)

Old July 13th 09, 05:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M

If your referring to statistics, I think you mean standard deviation (how far
data is off from the average). In which case, you want to use STDEV.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

Old July 13th 09, 05:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
EricG

Depends on your definition of standard error. Is this what you're looking for?

http://mtsu32.mtsu.edu:11009/Graphin..._Std_Error.htm

HTH,

Eric

Old July 13th 09, 05:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone[_2_]

Look up "standard error" in the Excel help file and see what is says about "STEYX"
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

Old July 13th 09, 05:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
francis

assuming that your data are as :
Known y's are in range A2: A20
Known x's are in tange B2 : B20

try this
=STEYX(A2:A20,B2:B20)
--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another

Old July 14th 09, 02:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joeu2004

Errata....

I wrote:
> "Kyle" > wrote:
>> How do I calculate standard error in excel?

> =STDEV(range) / SQRT(COUNT(range))

As others noted, arguably it depends on what standard error you want. The
formula above is the standard error of the mean.