changing capslock letters into normal letters

Old July 9th 09, 01:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mariekek5

Default changing capslock letters into normal letters

Hi,

If I copy paste a certain file from a certain database into Excel, some
columns will contain data (text) with only capslock letters....

DOG
MONKEY
RABBIT
...etc

Is it possible to change this at once into 'normal' letters like:

dog
monkey
rabbit
... etc

And is it possible to change it into 'normal' letters, starting with one
capital, like:

Dog
Monkey
Rabbit
....etc

Thanks a lot in advance.
Marieke
Old July 9th 09, 01:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

=LOWER(A1) to change to lower case
=PROPER(A1) to change to proper case ( only first letter cap'ed)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200858

Old July 9th 09, 01:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mariekek5

Great, thanks!

Old July 9th 09, 01:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

See help on LOWER and PROPER functions.

You need a helper cell with a formula like =PROPER(A1)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 05:41:01 -0700, mariekek5