Emails in Excel format, need to send out a mass email from list

Old June 16th 09, 11:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sunrhyse

Default Emails in Excel format, need to send out a mass email from list

I have a excel spread sheet that has many email addresses listed. I need to
find a way to be able to take those email address' and put them into a email
that is going out to a club of over 100 people. How can I do this? Is excel
not a good way of storing this ino? I will be using this email list often. I
am recieving it from another person. Thank you for any info that will help
with this.
Old June 16th 09, 11:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

What are you emailing to the addressees?

If not emailing an Excel workbook or worksheet it may be easier to import
all the addresses into your email client contacts and create a group list
there.

See how to do the import into Outlook Contacts at Ron de Bruin's site.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/importcontacts.htm

If emailing a workbook to the addressees then..................

Everything you need to send emails from Excel can be found at Ron de Bruin's
site.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

Note the SendMail add-in which makes it all easy without writing your own
code.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:01:01 -0700, Sunrhyse

Old June 16th 09, 11:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Victor Delta[_2_]

"Sunrhyse" > wrote in message
>I have a excel spread sheet that has many email addresses listed. I need to
> find a way to be able to take those email address' and put them into a
> email
> that is going out to a club of over 100 people. How can I do this? Is
> excel
> not a good way of storing this ino? I will be using this email list often.
> am recieving it from another person. Thank you for any info that will help
> with this.

I have to do this fairly often and all I do is simply select the cells with
the required email addresses, then copy and paste them in to the appropriate
email address window - I usually use the bcc one for obvious reasons.
Clicking on the 'Check Names' button confirms they have been correctly
recognised by the email programme you are using.

Is there something preventing you doing this as I suspect you would have
tried it before posting this question...?