Converting numbers from exponential 'E+' format

Old June 13th 09, 02:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
E[_2_]

Default Converting numbers from exponential 'E+' format

I have phone numbers from a report which are in the exponential format, eg,
4.5513E+11. I want these to show as 11 digit numbers. I am sure this must be
straightforward!
Old June 13th 09, 02:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria

Select Column. From menu Data>Text to Columns>Next>Next>Select Text>Finish
OR
Select Column>FormatCells>Select Special and choose OR select Custom>In
Type: enter 11 zeroes
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

Old June 13th 09, 02:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
E[_2_]

The number is in the text box correctly, so is it not a formatting issue to
make it display in full?

Old June 13th 09, 03:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria

How is it displayed when you tried the below..

Old June 13th 09, 04:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
E[_2_]

Quite right, that did work. I shall try it on the rest of the numbers.
It did say it was Polish telephone numbers, so I tried to change that to UK,
but that didn't work.

Many thanks.

Old June 14th 09, 02:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR

You have to watch out when using anything Polish!<bg>

RD