back transforming log10 standard error

Old June 2nd 09, 03:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
fluff

Default back transforming log10 standard error

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find the back transformed values of my log10 transformed
standard error values.

The mean is 4.5857. I did 10^4.587 which gave me the back transformed
value of 38521.

The standard error is 0.11893. I have realised you cannot back
transform it in the same way as you can with the mean. Does anyone
know the calculation I can put into excel to do this for me?

Many thanks.
Old June 3rd 09, 04:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joeu2004

See the thread for same subject in m.p.e.misc. It is not a good idea to
post the same inquiry in multiple related newsgroups (m.p.excel*)