Eliminate #N/A in Vlookup formulas

Old June 1st 09, 05:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kkeim

Default Eliminate #N/A in Vlookup formulas

I need Vlookup to return a blank if there is no value to be found in the
table. IE: Vlookup,a2,"table",12,false returns #N/A if there is not exact
match in "table" (Another spreadsheet). How do I eliminate this? It's driving
me nuts!
Old June 1st 09, 05:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko

One way:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Table,12,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A2,Tab le,12,0))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Old June 1st 09, 05:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eduardo

Hi
=iferror(Vlookup,a2,"table",12,false ),"")

if this helps please click yes

Old June 1st 09, 05:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eduardo

Hi,
if you are using excel 2003 use

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A3,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE)),"",VLO OKUP(A3,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE))

Old June 1st 09, 05:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
francis

try the traditional formula

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,"table",12,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A2," table",12,0))

--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another