Automatically Send Excel Spreadsheet Daily

Old May 21st 09, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zee[_2_]

Default Automatically Send Excel Spreadsheet Daily

Is it possible to send an excel spreadsheet daily to an email address at a
specific time e.g 5:00 pm.

Thanks
Old May 21st 09, 11:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chip Pearson explains how to use Application.ontime (excel has to be open) he
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/OnTime.aspx

If you don't want excel open, maybe you can find a windows scheduler that you
like--some versions of windows have one built in.

And if I were going to learn about sending a workbook via excel, I'd start with
Ron de Bruin's site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

======
Heck, I've never done this, but maybe you can find out how to use your
scheduling program to email the file you want and drop excel completely.

Old May 22nd 09, 02:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel

It is better to do this as an outlook macro. See under VBA help in Outlook

Reminder Event

You can schedule in outlook a daily event for 5A:00 PM. Then when the event
occurs you can attach an excel workbook to an email and sent the email.