NESTED IF FORMULA - IGNORE BLANK CELLS

Old May 20th 09, 02:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
evan

Default NESTED IF FORMULA - IGNORE BLANK CELLS

I have a spreadsheet that is updated throughout the month and a column that
presents a summary of data entered-to-date. Is there a nested IF formula
that will look at the last non-blank cell and display the value. For instance:

IF E1="" THEN, D1, BUT IF D1 IS "", THEN C1, etc.... I would need a formula
through E1.

I was able to start this on my own but it got too complicated.

Thanks!!!!
Old May 20th 09, 03:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sean Timmons

=LOOKUP(2,1/(1:1<>""),1:1)

would return the last nonblank cell in row 1.

Old May 20th 09, 04:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
evan

Think we're on the right track. So to be more specific.

A1=$1000
B1=$3000
C1=
D1=
E1=
F1=Display of last non-blank in row

Eventually, C1 through E1 will be filled in.

The formula you provided returned a #NUM when I entered it

Old May 20th 09, 04:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
evan

Oh gosh. Hate to be pain, but I will also need the formula to ignore zeros
and be specific to A1:E1 (not just 1:1)

Evan

Old May 20th 09, 04:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
evan

I figured it out. Thanks so much!!!