Using a formula to carry totals from 1 sheet to another

Old May 9th 09, 06:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KGB003

Default Using a formula to carry totals from 1 sheet to another

I use the formula ='[RENT-EXCEL 2009.xlsx]APR09'!N2 to carry amounts from one
workbook sheet to another. My problem is I have 83 amounts to carry over and
I have to do each one seperately by changing the "N" line number each time
and then I have to verify my worksheet name for each entry.

Is there an easier way.
Old May 9th 09, 06:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria

Copying that formula down will change the reference to N3,4,.... If you are
not looking for a continuous reference, please let us know whats the next row
to be referred after 2....

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

Old May 9th 09, 06:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR

2 questions:

After N2, which direction are you looking to copy *from*, across (O2),
OR down (N3)?

On the second sheet, which direction are you looking to paste *to*;
down or across?

RD