Conditional Formatting - Greyed Out

Old May 5th 09, 03:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kara

Default Conditional Formatting - Greyed Out

I have selected the series that I want to apply Conditional Formatting,
however, it is greyed out. Please advise!
Old May 5th 09, 04:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is the worksheet protected?

Is the workbook shared?

Old May 6th 09, 07:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lee

Hello there

Wondering if you can help.

I have problem with worksheet at work. Running 2003. I have in some cells
formula with if and hlookup. It picks up colour in cell pending answer. IE
if comes back due then cell says due and changes to yellow if expired then
expired returns andcell changes to red. THese have been set up for some time.
I have had to add new columns and rows. In the new ones they are changing
to due and expired but not picking up colours. I have looked into
conditional formatting but it is greyed out and I cannot select it. The
worksheet is not locked but it is shared.

Can you advise something please.

Also if can help. I can't merge cells on the new ones I have added. I have
checked and the worksheet is not locked.

--
Thanks for the help

Lee

Old May 6th 09, 12:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd ask the same questions...

Old May 6th 09, 01:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lee

Yes I have checked and it is not locked however it is a shared. Would moving
it from 2003 into 2007 help. If I could edit it in 2007 would I lose editing
when I put it back into 2003.

--
Thanks for the help

Lee

Old May 6th 09, 02:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In xl2003, you can't change conditional formatting in a shared workbook.

I didn't look at xl2007, but you either test it or look for:
"features unavailable in a shared workbook"
in xl2007's help.