FORMAT CELL TO MILLIMETERS

Old April 20th 09, 10:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kjboyle

Default FORMAT CELL TO MILLIMETERS

Is there a way to format cells to millimeter measurement?
Old April 21st 09, 01:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith[_4_]

Certainly. What's in the cell right now? Meters, kilometers, millimeters,
micrometers? What's wrong with simply specifying whatever numeric format you
want?

Regards,
Fred.

Old April 21st 09, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul C

In the number format section you can create a custom format like this
0.0 "mm" and apply it to the desired cells

This will display the entered or calculated number to 1 decimal place with
the mm tag at the end (13.1 mm). It does not do any conversion or
calculations, just shows the units. You can use as many decimal places as
you desire.
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

Old April 22nd 09, 04:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

You want the actual measurements of a cell to be in mm rather than points or
pixels?

The only way you can do that is through VBA.

Do you want to go that route?

If you want to use VBA to set height and width in mm.

Ole Erlandson has code for setting row and column dimensions.

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...vbawssetrowcol

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 14:14:05 -0700, kjboyle