A Microsoft Excel forum. ExcelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ExcelBanter forum » Excel Newsgroups » Excel Discussion (Misc queries)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

how to change data from horizontal to be vertical (Excel 2007)



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 14th 09, 03:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Suwat Upathambhakul (Thailand)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default how to change data from horizontal to be vertical (Excel 2007)

Bill of materials for many Finished goods showing Raw materials in
horizontal, I would like to change Raw Materials from horizontal to vertical.

Kindly advised how to do that.

thanks and best regards,
suwat upathambhakul
Ads
  #2  
Old April 14th 09, 03:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheeloo[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 248
Default how to change data from horizontal to be vertical (Excel 2007)

Copy the data you want...
Select a cell outside the copied area
Right click, choose Paste Special and select Transpose...
--
Pl click the YES button
(if you see it - don''''''''t worry if you don''t),
if this answer was helpful.



"Suwat Upathambhakul (Thailand)" wrote:

> Bill of materials for many Finished goods showing Raw materials in
> horizontal, I would like to change Raw Materials from horizontal to vertical.
>
> Kindly advised how to do that.
>
> thanks and best regards,
> suwat upathambhakul

  #4  
Old April 14th 09, 04:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheeloo[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 248
Default how to change data from horizontal to be vertical (Excel 2007)


NO.

I upload to a site like wikisend.com and paste the link...

You can mail it to me...

"Suwat Upathambhakul (Thailand)" wrote:

> Dear Sheeloo
>
> thank you so much, but we have many many finished goods, do you know how to
> attach file into this forum ?
>
> thank you so much,
>
>
> "Sheeloo" wrote:
>
> > Copy the data you want...
> > Select a cell outside the copied area
> > Right click, choose Paste Special and select Transpose...
> > --
> > Pl click the YES button
> > (if you see it - don''''''''t worry if you don''t),
> > if this answer was helpful.
> >
> >
> >
> > "Suwat Upathambhakul (Thailand)" wrote:
> >
> > > Bill of materials for many Finished goods showing Raw materials in
> > > horizontal, I would like to change Raw Materials from horizontal to vertical.
> > >
> > > Kindly advised how to do that.
> > >
> > > thanks and best regards,
> > > suwat upathambhakul

  #5  
Old April 14th 09, 04:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,389
Default how to change data from horizontal to be vertical (Excel 2007)

This forum does not accept attachments, because of the risk of viruses.

All you need to do is explain your problem clearly, and you will get a
quick, accurate response. You can start with explaining why Sheeloo's
response didn't help you. It looked like it accurately answered the question
to me.

If you insist, you can store your file at a third-party hosting site, and
post the link here, but don't be surprised if there aren't any takers.

Regards,
Fred.


"Suwat Upathambhakul (Thailand)"
. com> wrote in message
...
> Dear Sheeloo
>
> thank you so much, but we have many many finished goods, do you know how
> to
> attach file into this forum ?
>
> thank you so much,
>
>
> "Sheeloo" wrote:
>
>> Copy the data you want...
>> Select a cell outside the copied area
>> Right click, choose Paste Special and select Transpose...
>> --
>> Pl click the YES button
>> (if you see it - don''''''''t worry if you don''t),
>> if this answer was helpful.
>>
>>
>>
>> "Suwat Upathambhakul (Thailand)" wrote:
>>
>> > Bill of materials for many Finished goods showing Raw materials in
>> > horizontal, I would like to change Raw Materials from horizontal to
>> > vertical.
>> >
>> > Kindly advised how to do that.
>> >
>> > thanks and best regards,
>> > suwat upathambhakul


  #6  
Old April 14th 09, 04:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Suwat Upathambhakul (Thailand)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default how to change data from horizontal to be vertical (Excel 2007)

Dear Sheeloo

your advise is helpful, I sent my file to wikiend.com as per your advice,

thanks again,
rgds, suwat u.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

>
> NO.
>
> I upload to a site like wikisend.com and paste the link...
>
> You can mail it to me...
>
> "Suwat Upathambhakul (Thailand)" wrote:
>
> > Dear Sheeloo
> >
> > thank you so much, but we have many many finished goods, do you know how to
> > attach file into this forum ?
> >
> > thank you so much,
> >
> >
> > "Sheeloo" wrote:
> >
> > > Copy the data you want...
> > > Select a cell outside the copied area
> > > Right click, choose Paste Special and select Transpose...
> > > --
> > > Pl click the YES button
> > > (if you see it - don''''''''t worry if you don''t),
> > > if this answer was helpful.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > "Suwat Upathambhakul (Thailand)" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Bill of materials for many Finished goods showing Raw materials in
> > > > horizontal, I would like to change Raw Materials from horizontal to vertical.
> > > >
> > > > Kindly advised how to do that.
> > > >
> > > > thanks and best regards,
> > > > suwat upathambhakul

  #7  
Old April 14th 09, 04:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Suwat Upathambhakul (Thailand)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default how to change data from horizontal to be vertical (Excel 2007)

Dear Fred smith

thank you so much, sorry for my mistake, this is the my first post, I think
I should better create a new post for easy understanding.

rgds, suwat u.

"Fred Smith" wrote:

> This forum does not accept attachments, because of the risk of viruses.
>
> All you need to do is explain your problem clearly, and you will get a
> quick, accurate response. You can start with explaining why Sheeloo's
> response didn't help you. It looked like it accurately answered the question
> to me.
>
> If you insist, you can store your file at a third-party hosting site, and
> post the link here, but don't be surprised if there aren't any takers.
>
> Regards,
> Fred.
>
>
> "Suwat Upathambhakul (Thailand)"
> . com> wrote in message
> ...
> > Dear Sheeloo
> >
> > thank you so much, but we have many many finished goods, do you know how
> > to
> > attach file into this forum ?
> >
> > thank you so much,
> >
> >
> > "Sheeloo" wrote:
> >
> >> Copy the data you want...
> >> Select a cell outside the copied area
> >> Right click, choose Paste Special and select Transpose...
> >> --
> >> Pl click the YES button
> >> (if you see it - don''''''''t worry if you don''t),
> >> if this answer was helpful.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> "Suwat Upathambhakul (Thailand)" wrote:
> >>
> >> > Bill of materials for many Finished goods showing Raw materials in
> >> > horizontal, I would like to change Raw Materials from horizontal to
> >> > vertical.
> >> >
> >> > Kindly advised how to do that.
> >> >
> >> > thanks and best regards,
> >> > suwat upathambhakul

>
>

  #8  
Old April 14th 09, 06:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheeloo[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 248
Default how to change data from horizontal to be vertical (Excel 2007)

Here is the macro for the benefit of other readers...

Sub Transpose()
Dim lastRow, lastCol As Long
Dim srcSheet As String
Dim destSheet As String
Dim i, j, k As Long
Dim RM() As String
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
srcSheet = "BOM (Bill of materials)"
destSheet = ActiveSheet.Name
Worksheets(srcSheet).Activate
With Worksheets(srcSheet)
lastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
lastCol = .Cells(1, .Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
End With
ReDim RM(lastCol)
For j = 3 To lastCol
RM(j) = Worksheets(srcSheet).Cells(1, j)
Next
k = 2
For i = 2 To lastRow
Sheets(destSheet).Cells(k, 1) = Worksheets(srcSheet).Cells(i, 1)
Sheets(destSheet).Cells(k, 2) = Worksheets(srcSheet).Cells(i, 2)
For j = 3 To lastCol
If (Worksheets(srcSheet).Cells(i, j) <> "") Then
Sheets(destSheet).Cells(k, 3) = RM(j)
Sheets(destSheet).Cells(k, 4) = Worksheets(srcSheet).Cells(i, j)
k = k + 1
End If
Next j
Next i
Worksheets(destSheet).Activate
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Sub clearCells()
With ActiveSheet
lastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
lastCol = .Cells(1, .Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
End With
Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(lastRow, lastCol)).clear
End Sub



"Suwat Upathambhakul (Thailand)" wrote:

> Dear Sheeloo
>
> your advise is helpful, I sent my file to wikiend.com as per your advice,
>
> thanks again,
> rgds, suwat u.
>
> "Sheeloo" wrote:
>
> >
> > NO.
> >
> > I upload to a site like wikisend.com and paste the link...
> >
> > You can mail it to me...
> >
> > "Suwat Upathambhakul (Thailand)" wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Sheeloo
> > >
> > > thank you so much, but we have many many finished goods, do you know how to
> > > attach file into this forum ?
> > >
> > > thank you so much,
> > >
> > >
> > > "Sheeloo" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Copy the data you want...
> > > > Select a cell outside the copied area
> > > > Right click, choose Paste Special and select Transpose...
> > > > --
> > > > Pl click the YES button
> > > > (if you see it - don''''''''t worry if you don''t),
> > > > if this answer was helpful.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "Suwat Upathambhakul (Thailand)" wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Bill of materials for many Finished goods showing Raw materials in
> > > > > horizontal, I would like to change Raw Materials from horizontal to vertical.
> > > > >
> > > > > Kindly advised how to do that.
> > > > >
> > > > > thanks and best regards,
> > > > > suwat upathambhakul

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I change horizontal cells to vertical JMP Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 August 7th 08 09:40 PM
In Excel 2007, how does one view horizontal and vertical rulers? Deeny H New Users to Excel 2 May 22nd 08 04:59 PM
Excel 2007 - Switch vertical and horizontal axis? Beach Lover Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 February 13th 08 04:41 AM
vertical vs horizontal error bars excel 2007 chemheel00 Charts and Charting in Excel 1 August 7th 07 06:25 PM
change table from vertical to horizontal widman Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 December 5th 06 03:21 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2014 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.