find the second match using the match function

Old April 6th 09, 10:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RaY

Default find the second match using the match function

I need to use the MATCH function to find the second location within an array
of a value. This function be able to query a closed external workbook.
Old April 6th 09, 10:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
N Harkawat

if your range is from A2:a6 and the lookup value is in b7 then
=SMALL(IF(A2:A6=B7,ROW(A2:A6)-ROW(A1)),2)
array entered (ctrl+shift+enter)