Record Macro and Edit Macro options disabled

Old March 18th 09, 02:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Huzza

Default Record Macro and Edit Macro options disabled

Hi,

I've downloaded the Excel 2007 trial and I'm want to record a macro but the
button, along with the Visual Basic and Macros ones on the Code section of
the Developer tab in the Excel Ribbon are disabled.

I have the Macro Settings set to "Enable all macros" and ticked the "Trust
access to the VBA project object model" in the trust center. I have closed an
re-opened Excel and have tried creating new workbooks in 3 formats
(extensions xlsx, xlsm, xlsb) but can't get the buttons enabled.

What have I missed? Or are macros disabled in the trial version?
Thanks
Old March 18th 09, 03:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Huzza

I've just found the problem. Despite installing everything under the
"Microsoft Office Excel" section, including the "Internet Assistant VBA", I
didn't install VBA itself, as this is held under "Office Shared Features". I
didn't look here as I didn't realise VBA was a seperate feature!

Hopefully this post may help someone else.