Benefits Eligibility Dates

Old March 12th 09, 02:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Yvonne

Default Benefits Eligibility Dates

I am looking for a formula that helps me define 1st of the month or 1st of
the quarter following 30, 90, and 180 days after hire date.

So, I have the hire date in a cell and the next cell I want to see the date
for 1st of the month following 180 days after hire date.

Thanks in advance,
Old March 12th 09, 02:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Luke M

=DATE(YEAR(A2+180),MONTH(A2+180)+1,1)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

Old March 12th 09, 03:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Yvonne

Fantastic! Thank you.

Would you mind showing me the formula for 1st of quarter following 180 days
of employment? My 1st of quarter being Jan 1, Apr 1, Jul 1, and Oct 1.

Old March 12th 09, 07:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Luke M

Actually, I think there's a small error in my first formula. When the 180 day
falls on the first of a month, it was getting skipped. First formula should
be:
=DATE(YEAR(A2+180),MONTH(A2+180)+IF(DAY(A2+180)=1, 0,1),1)

quarterly formula:
=DATE(YEAR(A2+180),CHOOSE(ROUNDUP((MONTH(A2+180)+I F(DAY(A2+180)=1,0,1)-1)/3,0)+1,1,4,7,10,1),1)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M