Finding one or more "Invalid References" in big spreadsheet

Old March 10th 09, 08:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brian - FM

Default Finding one or more "Invalid References" in big spreadsheet

I need help with an automatic way to find the one or more formulas in a large
spreadsheet that have "invalid references". Is there a tool or method to
easily find the offending formula(s)?

I have a rather large workbook that has many pivots and a summary scorecard
tab that has approx 5000 formulas in it. I received an error when saving
this workbook as follows: "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more
invalid references. Verify that your formulas contain a valid path,
workbook, range name and cell reference."

Thanks,
BAM
Old March 11th 09, 04:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire

Hi,

Since you haven't told us what version of Excel you are using, you may want
to look through these topics:

http://support.microsoft.com/search/...3comm=1&res=20

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire