Pull text from cell with if statement

Old February 18th 09, 08:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug

Default Pull text from cell with if statement

For example if a set of cells read BEG70
DEG60
BEG80
and I want to write an if statement that will pull all the cells where the
text starts with BEG ( I want to pull BEG70 and BEG80) how do I do that?

Old February 18th 09, 08:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eduardo

Hi,
Why you don't use filter and select the information as per below

Old February 18th 09, 08:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M

Pull and do what??
An array answer is
=IF(LEFT(A2:A5,3)="BEG",A2:A5,)