on opening an existing file I get blank blue screen

Old February 13th 09, 03:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul de Vos

Default on opening an existing file I get blank blue screen

I use excel 2007, several files are updates from my original 2003 package.
When updating a 2003 on saving its gives a warning saying on using 1997-2003
all may not be saved. Since I email these files to contacts who only have
1997-2003 I say no . This has never been a problem until now. On opening a
particular file I only get a clear blue screen, and all the prevously saved
files on which the last is based are the same! I fear I have activated
somehing, but what.

Help please.

I know very little about excel or even computers so simple terms please.

Thanks

Paul de Vos
Old February 13th 09, 06:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are suffering from a common problem that lots of people have complained
about. The workbook is open, just not visible.

One way to see it is to click on the Office button and start to open another
workbook, but then just dismiss the dialog. You may see your workbook open
after this. (Ctrl-O, then escape may work???)

Currently, there isn't a fix--just workarounds.