A formula to discount percentage

Old February 12th 09, 06:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Wilson

Default A formula to discount percentage

I am trying to find a formula to discount by percentage rather than currency
on Excel 2007.

Example:

A1 B1 C1
£25 -37% = £15.75
£33 -23% = £25.41

Old February 12th 09, 06:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
HARSHAWARDHAN. S .SHASTRI[_2_]

Pl try following formula

=a1*(1-b1)

Old February 12th 09, 06:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
muddan madhu

=A1*(1+B1)

On Feb 12, 11:01*pm, David Wilson <David

Old February 12th 09, 06:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph[_2_]

I hope that you meant to say not =a1*(1-b1) but =a1*(1+b1) ?
--
David Biddulph

"HARSHAWARDHAN. S .SHASTRI"

Old February 12th 09, 08:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_]

If you mean by -37% a discount of 37% it would be easier to call column B
Discount and enter 37% and use the formula

=A1*(1-B1)

It would save you having to key a minus sign infront of every discount percent

And technically we don't talk about a negative discount, just a discount.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire