Data Validation Date Format

Old February 11th 09, 07:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dana M

Default Data Validation Date Format

,I would like to use Data Validation so that users must enter a date in
MM/DD/YY format and the date entered must be after 1/1/2008. I've tried this:

Settings - Allow: Date, Data: greater than or equal to, Start Date: 1/1/2008

I have an input message as well as a STOP Alert. However, it only works
when some types of incorrect data are entered. If the user enters 01012009,
it enters 10/13/70. Any ideas?
Old February 11th 09, 07:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
N Harkawat

By entering 01012009 excel interprets it as 1012009th day after 01/01/1901
which is Oct-13-4670

As an alternative in data validation you could give between say start date:
01/01/2008" and End date: say 01/01/2011 or some such date

Old February 11th 09, 08:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dana M

Thank you very much, N. That worked nicely!