Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do I lock the fill color in a cell

I want to fill a cell with a colour but still be able to copy to that cell
without the fill changing. Is this possible.

Thank You
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use EditPasteSpecial/Values

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Graham€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I want to fill a cell with a colour but still be able to copy to that cell
without the fill changing. Is this possible.

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try

Paste Special Under Paste in the dialog box, tick Value

HTH
--
Pls provide your feedback by clicking the Yes button below if this post have
help you. This will help others to search the archives for result better.

Thank You

cheers, francis

"Graham" wrote:

I want to fill a cell with a colour but still be able to copy to that cell
without the fill changing. Is this possible.

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Graham;220515 Wrote:
I want to fill a cell with a colour but still be able to copy to that
cell
without the fill changing. Is this possible.

Thank YouSimply copy the cell you want right click the destination cell Paste

SpecialValues the format of the cell will remain unchanged.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=60700

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If your Show Paste Options Icon is enabled, after you paste, select "Match
destination formatting"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP