How do you "mirror" cells in two workbooks

Old April 12th 05, 04:47 PM
ocampo_tony

Default How do you "mirror" cells in two workbooks

For sharing data with individuals, I have created two workbooks. Workbook A
is for my use, and workbook B is for sending to others. I currently have
columns A through L on sheet 1 workbook B pulling data from workbook A by way
of =.
The problem that I have, is two fold. Dates that are blank show up as
1/0/900 rather than blank, (changing the format of the cells had no effect)
and other cells which are blank are coming back 0.
The reason that I am doing this is I dont want to share the information on
any other columns. Is there a better way.
Old April 12th 05, 06:05 PM

You can check in your formula:

=if(yourformula="","",yourformula)
like:
=if(sheet2!a1="","",sheet2!a1)

And it's really only one problem. If you format a cell as a date and put a 0,
you'll see 1/0/1900 (assuming that 1/0/900 is a typo in your post).

But the underlying value in the cell is still 0.

Old April 12th 05, 08:32 PM
ocampo_tony

That works great. Thank you very much.