Copy/Paste into merged cells

Old December 29th 08, 03:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NicoleS

Default Copy/Paste into merged cells

I want to copy/paste from one merged cell to another.

I get an error msg "Data on the clipboard is not the same size and shape as
the selected area. Do you want to paste the data anyway?"

When I click "OK," I get the next message: "Cannot change part of a merged
cell."

They should be the same size, because I copied the worksheet from one tab to
another in the same workbook.

Is there any way to paste into merged cells?

Thanks!
Nicole
Old December 29th 08, 10:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel

You can use the F(x) box at the top of the worksheet. Select the cell you
want to copy from and then highlight the values in the F(X) box with the
mouse and type Cntl-C (or use copy from menu or right click mouse and choose
copy). then select the destination cell and paste the data into the F(X) box
using Cntl-V for paste.

Old December 29th 08, 11:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NicoleS

Thanks! That works perfectly!