adding a search box to a spreadsheet

Old November 30th 08, 11:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Adding a search box to a spreadsheet

Default adding a search box to a spreadsheet

I have a workbook with 92 tabs containing data and text. i would like to add
a search box to my index tab. This search box would allow a user to type in
what they wanted to find without having to search so many tabs for a given
name.

Example: If the name "jones" was on several sheets in the workbook I would
like to be able to type in the word "jones" in the search box located on the
index sheet and have the search return all "jones" entries.

Thanks
john
Old December 1st 08, 12:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Excel already has that feature.

You can search across the entire workbook.

Under Edit>Find>Options>Within you can select "workbook".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP