Can you run a macro while your computer is locked?

Old November 7th 08, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dorn

Default Can you run a macro while your computer is locked?

I have a macro that manipulates a large amount of data and it takes a while
to run I would like to lock my computer (through the ctrl + alt + del then
choosing lock computer) so I can run the macro before a meeting and walk away
from my workstation to find it done when I return, but that appears to stop
the macro from running. Is there a way to get the macro to run with your
computer locked?
Old November 8th 08, 02:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functio[_2_]

Yes there is a way to handle this. You need to create a window task that runs
a CSV file that has the instruction to run that macro from out site. This
task can be run without even opening the Excel file. You will need to ask IT
to give you a hand with this one. I did this a long time ago and although I
tried to find the one I did, I could not find it. This task can be schedule
in the server to run at any time, but the file has to be available to the
server. This means, let your computer on, so the instruction can be run or
moving the file to the LAN so it runs within the server umbrela; this by the
way is the best option. Another grate advantage is that the time of the
process is reduced drastically. For instance, the one I used to run with
Excel open it used to run in about 65 to 70 minutes. With this other method,
it was taking about 15 minutes (Very fast)

Good luck

Argy