Formula for Overtime hours in a spreadsheet

Old October 27th 08, 02:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ChazFr

Default Formula for Overtime hours in a spreadsheet

Hello-

I was wondering if there is a formula to automatically calculate time and a
half for any hours over forty?... I got total hours in one cell (f38) and
below that I got a formula for the total hours times 10 (=F38*10)... but what
formula should I use to calculate time and a half for anything over 40
hours?... everything under 40 obviously at 10 dollars an hour and anything
over forty at 15 dollars an hour... I know you smart, intelligent people got
the answer lol :0).... thank you!
Old October 27th 08, 02:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RAZ

just an IF function would do

=IF(f38>40, f38*15, f38*10)

Old October 27th 08, 02:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips[_3_]

=F38*10+MAX(0,F38-40)*0.5

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

Old October 27th 08, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme

=MIN(40,F38)*10+MAX(0,F38-40)*15
for easier update
=(MIN(40,F38)+MAX(0,F38-40)*1.5)*10
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

Old October 27th 08, 02:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ChazFr

thanks! you guys are the greatest lol!

Old October 27th 08, 02:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ChazFr

Thanks guys! Im just learning Excel.... its been about 6 years since I last
used it so this helps alot! Thanks!