unable to open excel attachment, download won't open

Old October 27th 08, 02:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
N. Joel Salzburg

Default unable to open excel attachment, download won't open

When I received and E-Mail with an attachement for Excel, the download won't
open. the dialog box is looking for a temporary file, and the transfer rate
and estimated time left is all blank. I have turned off my pop up blocker
and the download still won't open. The dialog box shows the files moving and
nothing happens. The excel file in question is a small 17kb (other excel
files also don't open). What's stoping the excel attachment from opening. I
have a new lap top computer with Vista, Microsoft version 2007.

Old October 27th 08, 08:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron@Buy

Have you tried Microsoft help & support?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290852/en-us

Old October 28th 08, 02:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
gls858

N. Joel Salzburg wrote:
> When I received and E-Mail with an attachement for Excel, the download won't
> open. the dialog box is looking for a temporary file, and the transfer rate
> and estimated time left is all blank. I have turned off my pop up blocker
> and the download still won't open. The dialog box shows the files moving and
> nothing happens. The excel file in question is a small 17kb (other excel
> files also don't open). What's stoping the excel attachment from opening. I
> have a new lap top computer with Vista, Microsoft version 2007.

You say your laptop is new. Did you order Office 2007 to be installed.
It's not included with the operating system.

gls858