Unprotect sheet command - How do I do this?

Old October 15th 08, 04:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TKM

Default Unprotect sheet command - How do I do this?

I try to input data into a template my fried sent me. however it states..The
cell or chart is protected and is read only! To modify a protected cell I
must remove protection using the unprotect sheet command (review tab, changes
group). I may be prompted for password...which I have. HELP!
Old October 15th 08, 04:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John C[_2_]

Tools|Protection|Unprotect sheet
--
John C

Old October 15th 08, 04:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire

Hi,

if you are asking how do you unprotect a sheet:

1. Activate the sheet
2. Choose Review, Unprotect Sheet (in the Changes group)
3. Enter the password and click OK.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

Old October 15th 08, 04:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett

Prior to xl2007
tools>options>>>

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

Old October 15th 08, 04:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett

I meant tools>PROTECTION>>

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

Old October 15th 08, 04:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H

Hi,

Tools|Protection - Unprotect sheet

If you prompted for a password ask your friend or look here

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

Mike