using vlookup to delete duplicate data

Old October 7th 08, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
carolj

Default using vlookup to delete duplicate data

Can I use vlookup to find acct#'s on a second worksheet and have it delete
the rows of the acct#'s on the 2nd wksht that are returned?
Thanks
Old October 7th 08, 04:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sheeloo[_2_]

It appears that you want to delete from Sheet 2 those a/c numbers which are
on Sheet 1.

You can use VLOOKUP on Sheet 2 to mark those records, then you can filter on
NOT EQUAL To #N/A and delete those rows...

Old October 7th 08, 05:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sean Timmons

Specifically using a VLOOKUP will not cause any rows to delete. But, you can
use a couple methods to resolve your issue.

You can create some VB script to delete matching values.

You can use the VLOOKUP to show matching values, then delete entire row
based on this value.

Old October 7th 08, 05:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
carolj

Thank you for posting so quickly! Since my VB script is very rusty, I think
this is the way to go. I'll let you know how it works out.

Old October 7th 08, 05:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
carolj

Thanks for your quick response. My VB is very rusty, so I'm going to try the
vlookup & then filter & delete.