connect line to data points with missing data in between

Old October 3rd 08, 05:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ziak

Default connect line to data points with missing data in between

Hi All:

I have 10 years worth of currency data that i need to graph by month. Many
months do not have any data - adding a "zero" makes the line plummet to zero.
Keeping it blank leaves a missing space between the previous and next data
points.

How do I connect the line with missing data points in between?

Thanks!!
Old October 3rd 08, 05:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ziak

NEVERMIND! figured it out...

Old November 24th 08, 10:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Whitney

Care to share with the rest of us how you did it??

Old November 24th 08, 11:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Whitney

Wow, I got it. (After a dozen unanswered searches and fistfulls of pulled
hair...)

In Excel 2007:
- Select the plot area of the chart
- Right click and go to "Select Data"
- Click "Hidden and Empty cells" in the bottom left corner of the Select
Data Source box
- For 'Show empty cells as:' select "Connect data points with line"