Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default conditional timesing of cells PLEASE HELP!!

I have a problem where I want to times some cells together if certain
conditions are satisfied. Tables A has the conditions in, tables B and C have
the information I want to times together, and the bottom two tables have what
I want as an outcome, the left table showing the sums I want to do (note I do
not want to see this table in what Im doing it is just for examples purposes)

If the table A has a yes in its cell I want the two respective cells in
tables B and C to be times together and added to any other respective cells
that are in the same row.

Any help would be appreciated.

A jan feb mar
a yes yes
b yes yes

B jan feb mar C jan feb mar
a 1 2 3 a 6 5 4
b 4 5 6 b 3 2 1

totals totals
a = 1*6 + 2*5 a 16
b = 5*2 + 6*1 b 16

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming the "A" of table A is in cell A1, the "B" of table B is in cell A6
and the "C" of table C is in cell F6, try this formula for the a sum:

=SUMPRODUCT(B7:D7,G7:I7,(B2:D2="Yes")*1)

and copy it down one row for the b sum. This produced 16 in both cases for
me.

--
Jim