How delete to end of file; comp keeps adding rows; over 3000!

Old September 8th 08, 10:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
whalesong

Default How delete to end of file; comp keeps adding rows; over 3000!

I filled background of 3 columns for my 3 page worksheet (that much info now)
but computer keeps adding blank rows (over 3000 now) with the columns
background colors. When I try to delete some of the rows it just adds
thousands more!!!
My scroll bar is so small now I can hardly use it!

Can anyone tell me how to delete those thousands of empty rows so I can get
my worksheet back to 3 or 4 pages AND my scroll bar will get bigger so I can
use it?

Thanks
Old September 8th 08, 11:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sheeloo

Select the first row after your data
While keeping SHIFT pressed hit CTRL-END
This will select everything from current row till end of your file
Do Edit-> Clear ALL