Hide Drop Down Arrows in Table Headers

Old September 8th 08, 03:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve Haack

Default Hide Drop Down Arrows in Table Headers

I'm using Excel 2007. I select a range and define it as a table. Excel puts
drop down arrows on the column headers.

Is there any way to hide the drop downs, and still keep the range as a table?

Steve
Old September 8th 08, 05:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier[_3_]

Hi Steve

As far as I am aware, there is no setting for this.
The following code will switch the arrows off. Similar code with the
attribute set to True will switch them back on

Sub HideArrows()
Dim c As Range
Dim i As Integer
i = Cells(1, 1).End(xlToRight).Column
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each c In Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, i))
c.AutoFilter Field:=c.Column, visibledropdown:= False
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

--
Regards
Roger Govier

Old September 8th 08, 06:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

In 2003 I would go to Tools>Options>View>Objects>Hide All

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 07:31:01 -0700, Steve Haack

Old September 8th 08, 08:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier[_3_]

Hi Gord

Unfortunately in XL2007
Round Office button>Excel options>Advanced
Display options for this Workbook>For Objects show >Nothing (Hide Objects)
does not prevent the filter buttons on Tables from being hidden.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

Old September 9th 08, 06:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Thanks Roger.

Gord