Show/Hide Formatting Symbols

Old September 6th 08, 07:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Typing in OPA

Default Show/Hide Formatting Symbols

Microsoft Word has a feature that will reveal formatting symbols which makes
editing easier. The button looks like a backwards 'P'. Does Excel have such a
feature that will reveal formatting symbols such as spaces, tabs, and line
returns?
--Thanks for any help.
Old September 6th 08, 09:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

Not really.

If you turn off wraptext you will see Tab(char 10) or an incell
linefeed(char 10) character as a square box symbol.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 11:41:00 -0700, Typing in OPA

Old September 6th 08, 10:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Chip Pearson has a very nice addin that will help determine what those cells
really contain:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.aspx