If formula with two conditions to meet

Old August 28th 08, 04:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Carolina

Default If formula with two conditions to meet

I have the following scenario:

If the value in cell Z5 is equal or greater than "0" the person gets $700
AND
if in addition field value in cell AB5 reflects a number equal or greater
than "3" then person gets $700 + 300 for a total of $1000

How should I compose the IF formula on cell O5?

Any help with be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Carolina

Old August 28th 08, 04:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Spiky

On Aug 28, 10:31 am, Carolina >
wrote:
> I have the following scenario:
>
> If the value in cell Z5 is equal or greater than "0" the person gets $700
> AND
> if in addition field value in cell AB5 reflects a number equal or greater
> than "3" then person gets $700 + 300 for a total of $1000
>
> How should I compose the IF formula on cell O5?
>
> Any help with be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> Carolina

IF(AB5>=3,1000,IF(AB5>=0,700,0))
Old August 28th 08, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Spiky

Sorry, I read that wrong. Try this.

IF(Z5>=0,IF(AB5>=3,1000,700),0)
Old August 28th 08, 04:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

No IFs are needed:

=(Z5>=0)*(700+(AB5>=3)*300)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200802

Old August 28th 08, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
driller

Carol,

assuming numeric values

version 1 when 300 is an add-on
=(z5>=0)*700+300(ab5>=3)

version 2 when z5 and ab5 must meet both criteria
=(z5>0)*700+300(ab5>=3)

--
regards,

Old August 28th 08, 04:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
driller

forget version 2
--
regards,

Old August 28th 08, 05:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Carolina

Worked wonderfully! Thanks.