spreadsheet for splitting a utility bill

Old March 31st 05, 04:57 AM
dmcquil

Default spreadsheet for splitting a utility bill

How would I find or make a spreadsheet for splitting an electric utility bill
among three tenants? The knowns are the total kwh used, the total bill and
the number of KWH used by two of the three tenants.

Thanks!
Old March 31st 05, 07:12 AM
Peo Sjoblom

Why would you need a spreadsheet for that, paper and a pen would do or a
calculator
Sounds like homework to me

Peo Sjoblom

Old March 31st 05, 07:43 AM
Biff

Hi!

Subtract from the total kwh, the known kwh used by the 2
tennants. The result you get will be the kwh used by the
third tennant.

Divide the total kwh by the kwh for each tennant. This
will return each tennants percentage of kwh used.

Multiply each tennants percentage used by the total bill
amount.

Biff

Old March 31st 05, 12:03 PM
Ken Wright

LOL - methinks you are not wrong <g>

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

Old March 31st 05, 02:26 PM
CLR

D1= Total cost
E1= Total KWH
E2=KWH used by two tenants

=D1-(D1*(E2/E1))

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Old March 31st 05, 02:59 PM
Kassie

Hi, ignore that. Set up a spreadsheet with the following headings in col A,
as indicated: A2: Bill,
A3 Tenant A,
A4 Tenant B,
A5 Tenant C.

In B1, type in "Jan". Move your cursor to the bottom right hand corner,
where it changes to a +, click, hold and drag across to Col M. That will
give you the months of the year.

In B5, enter the following formula : =B2-(B3+B4). Now drag this across to
col M as well.

You are set up and ready to go. Enter the bill amount in Row 2, below the
relevant month, the known costs in row 3 and 4, and see the other tenant's
cost in Row 5.

Save, and build up a record for the year.

Old March 31st 05, 07:01 PM
Ken Wright

> Hi, ignore that.

And why exactly??

Old March 31st 05, 07:09 PM
biff

>Hi, ignore that.

Ignore what?

Biff

Old April 1st 05, 11:49 PM
Otto Moehrbach

Biff
Flip your quotient over. The way you have it results in each person
having more than 100% of the total. HTH Otto