Tie cell together

Old August 18th 08, 03:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gemini_Dream

Default Tie cell together

I have a workbook with 2 sheets, the sheet 2 column A is always the same as
sheet 1 column A. I can't put a formula in sheet 2 column B because users
have to enter numbers. When sorting is changed in Sheet 1 column A, how can I
have column B of sheet 2 moved with column A of sheet 2.
--
Gemini_Dream
Old August 18th 08, 10:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MyVeryOwnSelf

> I have a workbook with 2 sheets, the sheet 2 column A is always the
> same as sheet 1 column A. I can't put a formula in sheet 2 column B
> because users have to enter numbers. When sorting is changed in Sheet
> 1 column A, how can I have column B of sheet 2 moved with column A of
> sheet 2.

If I understand the question, one way is to use a value in sheet 2 column A
to look up the corresponding row in the newly-sorted sheet 1.

For example, put this in sheet2!B1 and copy downward as far as needed:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:B,2,FALSE)),"",
VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:B,2,FALSE))
The "IF" part yields an empty result if the lookup value is missing in
sheet1.

It sounds like there's a formula to be applied after the lookup, so wrap
the formula around the one indicated above.
Old August 19th 08, 03:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gemini_Dream

I can't put a formula in sheet 2 column "B" because in this column manuel
entry of data will be made. This is why cells in column "B" of sheet 2 must
be anchor or tie to those in sheet 2 of column A so they follow column "A"
cells as they move.
--
Gemini_Dream