locate square root symbol (not words)

Old August 6th 08, 06:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Samir

Default locate square root symbol (not words)

I need to use the actual symbol for square root not the function SQRT in
order to print formula's for a calculus class. I can't find it on the Symbols
tables
Old August 6th 08, 06:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

Insert>symbol and character code 221A

Peo Sjoblom

Old August 7th 08, 01:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernard Liengme

Or, use Insert | Object | Microsoft Equation to add a more complex equation
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

Old August 7th 08, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jaleel

Hi,

Use Alt+0178

Regards,

Jaleel

Old August 7th 08, 03:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jaleel

Sorry, that is for square not square root.

Jaleel