Excel crashes when inserting a row or column

Old July 31st 08, 02:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mm

Default Excel crashes when inserting a row or column

Hi-

I am working in an excel 2007 workbook, but when I try to insert a row or
column, it freezes and crashes. What is the fix for this?
Old July 31st 08, 03:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeremiah Johnson

One fix would be Excel 2003

Old July 31st 08, 04:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mm

Excel 2003 is not an option. We are running Office 2007 in my office.

Old August 6th 08, 01:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jhultin

Same happens to me, with large workbooks. I've used Excel 2007 successfully
(a few crashes with large - 500,000 line spreadsheets) for a year on Windows
XP. Just got a new computer with Vista for business, and excel crashes
continuously - sometimes only upon making a selection.

On the other hand, it can perform some complex lookups and pivot tables, and
go without a glitch.

I've run all the diagnostics, but "nothing's wrong".