Format a date within a formula

Old July 29th 08, 01:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SJW_OST[_2_]

Default Format a date within a formula

I have table names that must have a 2 digit date at the end. I want to
automate a spreadsheet to use my tables names and put in the 2 digit date
using a formula.
A full, proper table name looks like this;

FAAA_2LOW_28

The 2 digit date is todays date and must be at the end with the underscore
preceding it. How can I put a formualted date in one cell, 7/28/08 using only
the 28, my table name in another cell, FAAA_2LOW, and then concatenate them
together as shown above? Everytime I try to do this the date ends up as
numbers.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old July 29th 08, 01:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith[_4_]

Use the Text function, as in:

=A1&"_"&Text(a2,"dd")

Regards,
Fred.

Old July 29th 08, 01:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1

hi
try this
=A1&"_"&DAY(TODAY())
but if you have a date in a cell, say b1 then
=A1&"_"&DAy(B1))

regards
FSt1