Excel is pasting values, not formulas by default

Old July 3rd 08, 10:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kirstin

Default Excel is pasting values, not formulas by default

I have a user who is right-clicking the select all button on a worksheet,
copying the sheet, starting a new blank workbook, then clicking the paste
button. Instead of copying All, it's only copying values. We can't figure
out why?

When we try to do Copy, Paste Special... the dialogue box is different than
the usual Paste Special Options. Instead it lists:
Source: \\file path\file name and range
As:
Paste
or Paste Link
(with a list of options such as
Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object
Picture (Enhanced Metafile)
Bitmap
Microsoft Ecel 8.0 Format
Biff5
Biff4
Biff3
etc, etc.

I accidentally did this myself, but don't know what I did to get that
result. Anyone know?

Kirstin

Old July 3rd 08, 10:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think you have two different instances of excel open and you're trying to
paste between them.

Make sure that both the "sending" and "receiving" workbooks are open in the same
instance.

Old July 3rd 08, 10:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kirstin

That's exactly what it was. Thank you!

Old July 4th 08, 02:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Middleton

Kirstin -

And, instead of "right-clicking the select all button on a worksheet,
copying the sheet, starting a new blank workbook, then clicking the paste
button," you could use Edit | Move Or Copy Sheet.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel