How to make a cents symbol in Excel 2007

Old July 3rd 08, 02:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Scott Salt Lake

Default How to make a cents symbol in Excel 2007

I read a comment about using Alt + 0162 to make a cents symbol (c with a
slash through it). But it was for Excel 2003. I tried it in Excel 2007 and
just got beeps for an error. How do you do it in 2007?
--
Scott in Salt Lake
Old July 3rd 08, 02:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lorne[_2_]

"Scott Salt Lake" > wrote in message
>I read a comment about using Alt + 0162 to make a cents symbol (c with a
> slash through it). But it was for Excel 2003. I tried it in Excel 2007
> and
> just got beeps for an error. How do you do it in 2007?
> --
> Scott in Salt Lake

It should work in any program, Alt-0162 is the code to display a cents
symbol in most common fonts.

Are you using a font that uses this code for something else? Try using a
common font like Arial and see if it works.

Old July 3rd 08, 02:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Works fine for me in 2007 Scott, must be something in your setup.

--
HTH

Bob

Old July 3rd 08, 02:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Scott Salt Lake

I can't type in the number. When I press down the Alt key (and hold it down)
and then try to type the number 0162, it just beeps. I can't enter in the
number.
--
Scott in Salt Lake

Old July 3rd 08, 03:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
James Silverton[_2_]

Scott wrote on Thu, 3 Jul 2008 06:54:05 -0700:

> I can't type in the number. When I press down the Alt key
> (and hold it down) and then try to type the number 0162, it
> just beeps. I can't enter in the number.
> --
> Scott in Salt Lake

> "Lorne" wrote:

>> "Scott Salt Lake" >
>> wrote in message
> >> I read a comment about using Alt + 0162 to make a cents
> >> symbol (c with a slash through it). But it was for Excel
> >> 2003. I tried it in Excel 2007 and just got beeps for an
> >> error. How do you do it in 2007? -- Scott in Salt Lake

>> It should work in any program, Alt-0162 is the code to
>> display a cents symbol in most common fonts.
>>
>> Are you using a font that uses this code for something else?
>> Try using a common font like Arial and see if it works.

Do you have a number pad on your keyboard? The numbers along the top
don't work. With a lap top you might have to lock in the numbers.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Old July 3rd 08, 03:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I

Are you using the keypad, it doesn't work from the number row.