how to make whole work sheet in to upper case

Old July 3rd 08, 12:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mahesh

Default how to make whole work sheet in to upper case

hi
i could not convert upper case words or sentence to lower case or visa versa

like.. if "how to make whole work sheet in to upper case" this to be made
to upper case.. how could this be done.. plz help

Regards
Mahesh
Old July 3rd 08, 12:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H

Hi,

Try this,

Right click the sheet tab, view code and paste this in and run it

Sub versive()
For Each c In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
If Not c.HasFormula Then
c.Value = UCase(c.Value)
End If
Next
End Sub

Old July 3rd 08, 03:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Sub Upper()
Dim Cell As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each Cell In Selection
Cell.Formula = UCase(Cell.Formula)
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Sub Lower()
Dim Cell As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each Cell In Selection
Cell.Formula = LCase(Cell.Formula)
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Sub Proper()
Dim Cell As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each Cell In Selection
Cell.Formula = Application.Proper(Cell.Formula)
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Old July 4th 08, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BT[_2_]

Hi Mahesh

An easier approach would be to use the =upper, =lower, and =proper
functions. Let's say you want to convert a text string in cell A1 to upper
case. Select an empty cell and enter the formula =upper(A1). Now copy and
paste special / value back into cell A1.

Old July 5th 08, 03:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

How would that be easier than running a macro to change all at once without
formulas in helper cells then copy/pasting?

Assume Mahesh had multiple columns and rows.

Gord