How do I manually adjust the width of my columns in a bar graph?

Old June 27th 08, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Excel User Neu1

Default How do I manually adjust the width of my columns in a bar graph?

In a graph, I would like to manually drag the columns to make them thicker or
thinner. I would also like to adjust the spacing between columns.
Old June 27th 08, 11:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Wigi

Right click a series on the chart, choose Format data series... and then
in the Options tab, play a bit with overlap and gap width.

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

Old June 28th 08, 02:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Note that you can only adjust the entire series, not each individual column
and gap.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

Old June 28th 08, 05:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ShaneDevenshire

Hi,

1. You can't manually drag to adjust column widths on a chart.
2. You can use the menu methods already suggested.
3. You can "Fake" the display of a column chart so that some bars appear
wider than others but its a lot of work.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire