IF and #N/A

Old June 23rd 08, 02:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
John Calder

Default IF and #N/A

Hi

I run Excel 2K

I have a VLOOKUP table that returns the value of #N/A in some cells. This is
not a problem.

I am looking to have a formula in an adjacent cell that looks at the #N/A
and returns somthing like this:

=IF(L112=#N/A,"NO","YES)

(I have tired this but it returns the value of #N/A)

I have also tried =IF(VALUE(L112)=#N/A,"NO,"YES) but thie returns #VALUE!

I have also tried putting the #N/A in inverted commas ("#N/A") but this also
does not work.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

John

Old June 23rd 08, 02:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You can use:

=if(isna(l112),"no","yes")

Old June 23rd 08, 03:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
John Calder

Thanks Dave !