Formula for the LESSER of 2 Calculations

Old June 13th 08, 08:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bonnie

Default Formula for the LESSER of 2 Calculations

I'm trying to create a formula that produces the following description:

IF Q31 is blank (no entry at all), Enter the same as Q30
IF Q31 is not blank and >= (greater than or equal to) Q30, Enter the same as
Q30 IF Q31 is not blank and < (less than) Q30, Enter the same as Q31

The formula in Q31 is "=IF(Q85>0,Q85,"")".

I've inserted an extra column thinking I might have to put part of what I
need to do in a hidden column cell; I don't know.

Can someone please provide me guidance??? Or better yet, the actual formula
I need to enter into Q32? Thank you, in advance, for your time and effort.
--
Bonnie
Old June 13th 08, 08:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Timmons

=if(Q31="",Q30,MIN(Q30,Q31))

Old June 13th 08, 08:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

I believe the following returns the results you've requested:

=IF(OR(TRIM(Q31)="",Q31>=Q30),Q30,Q31)
--
Kevin Backmann

Old June 13th 08, 09:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bonnie

Thank you! I've used two sets of example figures and it appears it's working.
--
Bonnie

Old June 13th 08, 10:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

Did you not get my earlier reply to your email then, Bonnie?

Pete