How do I undo a sort?

Old May 23rd 08, 02:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Teresa

Default How do I undo a sort?

Hi,

I sorted a column A to Z in a very large spreadsheet and saved the file, but
I wish to cancel the sort. Is there any way I can do this?

Thanks,
Teresa
Old May 23rd 08, 03:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I

Not after you saved it, time to pull out the backup files and reload it.

Old May 23rd 08, 03:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernie Deitrick

Teresa,

Once you have saved it, you cannot use undo, since that clears the undo stack. But you can simply
re-sort it on other columns - there is no loss of data, and whatever functionality you have should
survive the sort.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Old May 23rd 08, 04:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I

I read the issue as a SINGLE column was selected and sorted, basically
destroying the spreadsheet.