Vlookup - using a cell to reference a named array

Old May 14th 08, 04:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ronin

Default Vlookup - using a cell to reference a named array

I have a file that contains several options for the named table array. In a
menu the user identifies what the criteria is and this drives lookups to
determine the name of the array. I am then using this cell reference in my
vlookup. However it appears the formula will not accept a cell reference for
a named array. Does anyone have another solution?
=VLOOKUP(D9,F5,12,FALSE)

where F5 is a calculated value for the table named table array.
thanks
Old May 14th 08, 04:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama

=VLOOKUP(D9,INDIRECT(F5),12,FALSE)

Old May 14th 08, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ronin

Gracias

Old May 14th 08, 06:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama

You're Welcome!